Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pizza in DC

We had a fabulous weekend in Washington DC complete with Pizza and Movie night. Since I didn't have leftovers to use on my pizza this week I went for my favorite, Barbeque Chicken with Pineapple. Yum! I just used lunch meat to keep it easy and French Bread for the crust. Usually I would make this pizza on a Bisquick crust, mostly for nostalgia reasons. My mom used to make a BBQ Bisquick pizza when I was little. I didn't want to buy a whole box of Bisquick while on vacation and although I looked and looked and looked for an instant pizza crust, such as Jiffy, I couldn't find one. In the end, I'm really glad I ended up using the French Bread because it was super good, much easier to prepare and faster to bake.

Barbeque Chicken Pizza

1 pizza crust (French Bread is quick and easy or a the sweet flakiness of a Bisquick crust is a great compliment.)
about 3 TBS of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like the sweet ones)
1 cooked and cubed chicken breast (I used deli meat this time)
1 small can of Pineapple tidbits, well drained
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (feel free to use more or less)

Though, I didn't use them this time, I also like to add sauted onions and green peppers!

Spread BBQ sauce all over the crust. Add topping and bake until cheese me melted and crust is done. Fast, easy, and so good! This "specialty" pizza costs a small fortune from the pizzerias but is not very expensive to make and customize.

Our BBQ Pizza was accompanied by Ratatouille. "Why do they call it Ratatouille? It sounds like Rat and patootie." "Oh, I'm sensing nuttiness alright." "If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff."

But among the more profound thoughts from this great show:
Django: This is the way things are. You can't change nature.
Remy: Change is nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: [Remy turns to leave] Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment