Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

Tacos for Christmas

Yeah, I know it's way too early for Christmas, but that's what my daughter picked out at the Library: Disney's Christmas Special including Mickey's Christmas Carol, the Small One (about the donkey that carried Mary), Pluto's Christmas Tree, and Santa's Workshop. It's always fun to see classics from my own childhood.

When that was over we put on The Little Mermaid  (a treasure on VHS that we picked up at a yard sale for a quarter) and as my daughter dances around the room while they float along in a blue lagoon I think of my friends, Melinda and Skylar, who are getting married today in another state. Congratulations you two!!

I thought the pizza this week was wonderful, though the kids didn't take to it well. We had Massaman Curry and Tacos during the week and while Massaman curry sounded tempting I thought I'd try that another time. Taco Pizza was very easy. Salsa for the sauce, left over taco meat and corn, and some fresh toppings after the pizza came out.

Taco Pizza

2 cups Bisquick
1/3 + cups very hot water (just enough to moisten Bisquick into workable dough)
Salsa (I used peach salsa, yum!)
left over Taco meat
left over corn
Cheddar Cheese
Spinach, shredded
Olives, sliced
Tomatoes, diced
Anything else you like on your tacos

Mix Bisquick and hot water until  ball forms. Press on to pizza stone and bake 5-10 minutes (I made a thicker pizza this week so had to bake it a little longer). Spread salsa over crust, top with taco meat, corn, and cheese (if you like your olives cooked you can put them on now, I don't, so I waited). Bake another 10 minutes or until crust is done and cheese is bubbly.  Add remaining toppings and serve with additional salsa and sour cream if desired.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

In the words of Tiny Tim, "God Bless Us, Every One!"


No comments:

Post a Comment